Legalizing fentanyl test strips proposed
Last updated 2/13/2023 at 4:30pm
Allisone McClanahan suffered from severe chronic pain and fibromyalgia. To ease her pain, the 26-year-old took a pain pill from a friend she thought contained oxycodone. Instead, she died of a drug overdose in 2021.
After her death, the toxicology report revealed the pill did not contain any oxycodone and was poisoned with fentanyl, seven times the amount her body could withstand.
Genevieve Schofield, Allisone’s mother, said she did not want anyone to experience pain like hers.
She reached out to legislators, and testified at hearings, urging lawmakers to make fentanyl test strips more a...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.