Fire at potato plant leads to evacuation
Warden residents allowed home early Friday
Last updated 1/22/2021 at 1:09pm
WARDEN - Residents of Warden were allowed to return to their homes around 1 a.m. Friday morning, Jan. 22, following a Level 3 Evacuation notice.
The Level 3 Evacuation was called for around 8:30 p.m. Jan. 21 for areas west of Road U-SE and south of SR 170 in Warden, due to risk of an ammonia tank explosion when a fire broke out in a Washington Potato Company plant dehydrator at 1900 W. First Street.
"There was a fear that a large ammonia storage tank would explode due to the fire," Grant County Sheriff's Office spokesman Kyle Foreman said Friday morning. "Thankfully, that did not happen."...