FROM THE FILES
Last updated 1/16/2024 at 9:48am
125 Years Ago
Adams County News
January 18, 1899
New jewelry store
J.A. Humphrey, a well and favorably known railroad man and telegraph operator, has just purchased the jewelry stock of O.R. Haight and will build adjoining the post office where he expects soon to open up an elegant and full line of such goods.
Local and Personal
H. F. Klaas, head miller in the Ott Flouring Mills, is moving his family into one of the Greene-Prouty cottages on College hill.
Louis Walton, ex-county clerk, moves to his farm eleven miles northeast of town and will hereafter keep about 160 acres of land in a co...