Eastern Adams County's Only Independent Voice Since 1887

From the Files

8 Years Ago

Adams County News

September 14, 1898

Last Thursday night fire broke out in Davenport and burned property to the amount of about $20,000. The fire started in the Dale hotel in the room of a tailor who it is thought was intoxicated and probably overturned his lamp. A lodger, Sam Koehen, was so badly burned it is thought he will not live.

After the experience Davenport had last week with the fire, the citizens of the other towns should profit thereby and especially Ritzville. At present we are practically without means of fighting fire, and a large part of the business part of town...

 

Reader Comments(0)