The Ritzville Adams County Journal - Eastern Adams County's Only Independent Voice Since 1887

By Katie Teachout
The Journal 

RDDA looks for support in hiring executive director


Last updated 7/13/2021 at 9:41am

Katie Teachout

John Tryon sleeps on a bench outside the Collective Adventure at 109 West Main Avenue in downtown Ritzville Wednesday, July 7. According to Ritzville Police Chief Dave McCormick, the person is "living there." "Even when he isn't there, his stuff is there," McCormick said.

RITZVILLE – A request from the Ritzville Downtown Development Authority (RDDA) for the city council to write a letter in support of the RDDA applying for a grant was turned down at the July 6 council meeting.

The grant would partially fund a part-time executive director for two years.

John Rankin presented both the benefits and risks he saw in the grant opportunity, which would fund a 20 hour per week position for two years at 75%. The other 25% would have to be funded by the city or the RDDA itself. After the grant expired, the full cost would fall into the hands of the city or the RDD...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Cheney Free Press
Ritzville Adams County Journal
Whitman County Gazette
Odessa Record
Franklin Connection
Davenport Times
Spokane Valley News Herald
Colfax Daily Bulletin

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2022